Ken Samuelson was born in Calgary, Alberta. He is a graduate of the Four‐Year Advanced Diploma at the Alberta College of Art & Design, majoring in design. He also studied printmaking in a summer workshop under Andrew Stasik of the Pratt Graphic Center, New York. He was co‐owner of K‐B Graphic Design Limited from 1958 to 1968, specializing in graphic design, architectural rendering and illustration. In 1968 he became a permanent faculty member of the Alberta College of Art & Design teaching drawing, design, rendering, letter form and watercolour in the Visual Communications Department and also Evening Class Drawing and Figure Programs. He retired in 1996 and was awarded Lecturer Emeritus in 1997.
Throughout his career as artist he received numerous awards and commissions and has been published in International Artist magazine for his landscape painting of Abbot Hut. He was awarded the Alberta College of Art & Design Founders Award of Excellence in 2002 and was granted Life Membership with Alberta Society of Artists. His work has been included in collections throughout Canada, London England and United States.